Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Half-Way Point

Hello everyone!

Well, this week has been quite eventful. Beginning Monday night, we checked my grandfather into the hospital. Unfortunately, his health is deteriorating very rapidly. Please pray for his comfort and our strength. Its a matter of time before he goes to the Happy Hunting Ground or for him, the big yard that needs mowing every day ;-) and we want to be sure he is out of pain. Its a very difficult thing to come to terms with... we are so close to the birth of his first great-grand baby and it breaks my heart to think that he will not meet them. But, we must focus on the long and amazing life he has lived.

Along a different note, Zach proposed to Marie last Thursday, so naturally that is a very joyful thing we have to celebrate amongst the sadness of Popie's condition. I will be so blessed to have Zach as a brother.

Lastly, on a very exciting note, we have some wonderful news! I managed to surprise Nathan and our families by moving our 20 week ultrasound up by a week! Tuesday (yesterday) morning, I woke Nathan up with a card stating, "get dressed! we're going to the doctor!". He was very confused, but it didn't take long for him to process that we were going to meet our baby for the first time!!

The ultrasound went perfectly. The brain, fingers, toes, heart, lips, nose, stomach, bladder and placenta look like God crafted them Himself, cell by cell. Please pray thanks and praise to God for his gift to us.

Now, the news you have all been waiting for? What were the little private parts? And WHO is our Baby!? Well, watch the video below and I think you'll see... (its only 3:54 - and the baby's name is at the end...):

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Such amazingly wonderful news you guys!!! I am near tears with excitement about baby Jude and his healthy growth. Praise the Lord! Can't wait to see you and hug you both tight! Love, Christin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie!!
    Loved watching the ultrasound! Tell baby Jude I said, Hi!
    Congrats to you and Nathan and let the countdown begin!

    Deb Glymph-Bennett

    ReplyDelete