I am definitely feeling 8 months, 3 1/2 weeks pregnant. Mostly, my groin muscles, hips and knees are weakening under the strain of carrying the following weights (minus 4 more weeks of growth):
- 7 1/2 pounds is about how much the baby will weigh by the end of pregnancy. (Jude is about 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 lbs right now and is gaining 1/2lb per week)
- 1 1/2 pounds is how much the placenta weighs.
- 4 pounds is attributed to increased fluid volume.
- 2 pounds is the weight of the uterus.
- 2 pounds is the weight of breast tissue.
- 4 pounds is because of increased blood volume.
- 7 pounds is attributed to maternal stores of fat, protein and other nutrients.
- 2 pounds for the amniotic fluid.
- Total: 30 pounds (I am at 24 pounds gain currently - so adjust the above numbers accordingly)
Not much has changed since last time I wrote. Nathan arrived back from Alaska without any issues and we have been quickly preparing for Jude. We opened and put the stroller together - and when I say "we", I mean "he"... We* put the pack n' play together and the swing too. Everything else is going into a closet until he is about 6 months old. We had a baby shower at my Mother-In-Law's home, hosted by her, and two of Nathan's Aunts (Jude's great-aunts) Suzie and Jenny. As I have said a million times on this blog - we are TOO BLESSED. We received so many linens and onsies and Bumbo seats! ;-)
I will post some pictures as soon as I receive them from my sister's camera!
The main reason for this post is to share with you something very special to Nathan and me. On January 2, we spent 3 hours in our home with THE most talented photographer taking pregnancy photos. I have always loved pregnancy photos, but to me its so crucial that they are done the RIGHT way. Otherwise, they can be tacky or cheesy. Jessica Strickland, our photographer is beyond talented. She shoots in a way Nathan and I both prefer; its very artistic, natural and magazine-like. I just wish we could have had her at our wedding... A few are little risque, but don't worry, I was fully clothed! ;-)
Here is the link to her blog where OUR PICTURES ARE POSTED! Feel free to leave comments!
Yours,
Bonnie and Nathan
No comments:
Post a Comment