Thank you for following this incredible time in our lives. Our first week with Jude has been unfathomable. He is nursing like a cha
mp, pooping like a grown man, and sleeping like a 3 month old. Several people have told me that I shouldn't tell others about his sleep cycle, but I am a proud mother who has to brag. M
ost evenings, Jude will wake us up at 2:30 and 7; after feeding at those times, he will go back to sleep until 9:45... he is just like his mother!
We had his first pediatrician appointment on Thursday and he received a glowing report. He was back up to his birth weight by 5 days old and doesn't need to go back to the doctor for a month - usually they like to see babies back after 2 weeks!
Also this week, Jude met the bulldogs, which went so well! Niles has found a new best friend and Fiona (surprisingly) doesn't mind the crying! We also went on a walk around the neighborhood on an unseasonably warm day. Yesterday, we had a photo shoot with Jessica Strickland, who did our pregnancy photos and she made some fantastic photos with all three of us! I cannot wait to share them...
Nathan left town on Friday and that was very hard for us both. Although we have been very independent and "apart" for years, it is so different when you have a 6 day old at home! He begins a tour tomorrow but Jude and I are going to go with him to the rehearsal and first show in Champaign, Illinois. Its Jude's first official road trip and concert!
Well, We are off to give him his first bath. Enjoy some new photos and we'll post more soon!
Our love,
Bonnie, Nathan, Jude and the pups
Oh Bonnie, he is so beautiful!! It sounds like things are going well. I'm so happy for you and Nathan. The dogs in the background are hilarious. I bet they will be best buds!! :) Let us know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Jessi
No more updates? Little Jude can't stay 1 week old forever...can he?
ReplyDelete