Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From an embryo to a fetus - Week 10

The last few weeks have been quite draining. Slowly but surely, the idea of 'having a baby' is sinking in...

My birthday was last week and it was fascinating to think that my baby just had its first taste of Benihana! Maybe we'll get lucky and Baby E will want yummy Japanese food every birthday too... one can wish?!

I am beginning to feel better, however the last 4 weeks have been very draining. I've been very tired and my appetite simply will not cooperate. One minute I am full, the next split second I am starving and "must eat" or else... But praise God I haven't vomited once. The trick has been going to work a bit late every day. This week, we went from being an embryo to a fetus!  

What else... oh! We have decided that we are going to move out of our condo before the baby arrives. As I type, Nathan (bless his pea-pickin' heart) is cleaning out his "office" which will be a 
spare bedroom when we list. It will be wonderful to find a house closer to 465 with a big fenced-in backyard - but its going to take a lot of work to get there. 

Next Wednesday is my next doctor appointment. We will get to hear the heart beat through Doppler from the outside of my belly! If all goes well and they hear the heart, we will go from a 3% change of miscarriage to <1%. 

We are 3 weeks from our second trimester, so keep your prayers coming!

Love you all,
Bonnie, Nathan, Baby E, Niles and Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment