Based on the new blog name, you can guess that we have moved to Georgia!
It has been a long time since I last updated you all and so many wonderful things have occurred. Since there are so many happenings, I am going to provide a brief synopsis in an oh-so-fancy bulleted list:
- August 13 - Celebrated our 5 Year Wedding Anniversary and Marie/Zach's Rehearsal Dinner!
- August 14 - Marie and Zach become Mr. and Mrs!!
- August 16 - Hit the road for Georgia with two cars, two dogs, a 6 month old and Nathan's mom (to help us survive the trip!)
- August 21 - FINALLY close on the house and begin moving in (4 days late and after staying at a hotel with the "clan" listed above...)
- September 1 - Jude is sitting up on his own!
- September 5 - My first trip back to Indy for work and Jude's first airplane ride!
- September - Nathan was home and working in the Studio. I worked from home during the day and learned to make my own baby food. Jude was introduced to mixed veggies, mangoes, yogurt, sweet potatoes, squash, and avocado. Jude also visited his first pumpkin patch!
- October 2 - Back to Indy again with Jude to work and visit family
- October 15 - Traveled to Destin, FL with Granny (Phillips) and Auntie Marie for a long weekend of sun and rest. In the mean time, Nathan began the second run of Revelation Tour with Third Day through the southeast and Texas. Jude is now sitting in highchairs at restaurants and eats like a big boy!
- October 31 - Jude's first Halloween spent with Mama and Aunt Ashley (Jude's Godmother). Nathan traveled with the band to Brazil and South Africa!! Jude was introduced to whole grains and fun combinations of other fruits and veggies.

So, that takes us to now... I have not traveled back to Indy for work and have been blessed with 6 weeks at home. Jude and I have a regular daily routine and Nathan quickly adapts and helps out when he is home. Nathan has finished the tour and is done traveling until after the first of the year! In the mean time, we have made LOTS of new friends. A friend of Nathan's from high school lives here with his darling wife (Justin and Paisley) and we spend many evenings eating dinner and playing games. Paisley is an interior designer and is helping Nathan (and me) transform the house into our dream "shabby chic" home. Currently, there are several paint swatches on the walls, no dining room furniture and mismatched styles, but we are getting closer! Today we are getting a gorgeous fence around the back yard so we can finally just open the door and let the dogs run!
Jude has also made friends with Lucy and Levi Wilbanks. Lucy a darling brunette who belongs to Scotty and Dede and is a few months older than Jude. Levi is her older brother and Jude thinks he is the Bee's Knees. Scotty works for TD, so Dede and I spend lots of time visiting and eating mexican food while our men are on the road.
Although it is a small thing, a huge development is Jude's new napping routine!! We actually get close to 4 hours a day with him asleep - 2 hours late morning and 2 hours mid-day. He loves watching Sesame Street and has starting eating a lot of new foods, all of which I am making from organic produce. Who would have ever thought I would be into that?! This month's introductions included: CHEERIOS!!, asparagus, kiwi, cantaloupe, watermelon, kale and soon meat...
The biggest news this month is Jude's crawling and first REAL word - DADA!!! He said Dada last week when Nathan returned home from South Africa and last Thursday the light bulb came on and he decided to crawl (a cheerio was his inspiration of course). He has been saying Mama since he was 4 months old, but is only occasionally "tying" it to me. He knows I'm Mama, but he doesn't call me by name. He tends to make chirping noises - like a pterodactyl or he clicks his tongue until I respond. I guess its our own little family language.
This weekend we will be traveling back to Indy in one car, with the baby and two dogs. The week will be spent jumping from bed to bed, house to house, making the rounds and eating until our pants don't fit (which won't take much eating for me since my pants don't fit now)!
Well, back to work and playing with Juju (aka Bobo, Jujubee, Jubobo, Stink Pot, Home Slice, or "Joe" when he acts like a grown up). Below are some pictures for you to enjoy. There are HUNDREDS more on our MobileMe site. Feel free to bookmark that page and check back periodically. Sometimes I have time to upload pictures but not the blog. I'll try to do better ;-)
LOVE YOU ALL!


No comments:
Post a Comment